AQ Healthy Ageing services provide the practical knowledge, skills, treatment and wellness programs to enable our clients to stay active, healthy and living in their respective communities.
Given maintaining social activity engagement is very important, our AQ Healthy Ageing services allow our clients to achieve this goal.
Our flexible services are delivered by qualified health professionals in the client’s choice of location, whether at home, a residential facility, or via our AQ community and respite centres. McNally House at Garden City offers state-of-the-art gym equipment and treatment rooms for individual, and group exercise sessions.
We offer one-on-one, and group programs tailored to your individual needs.
Please be aware that our multifaceted services at Alzheimer’s Queensland are still available as a private services to those who are not receiving government funding for services.
AQ Rehab offers:
- Allied health services at home, such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Dietetics and Podiatry in Brisbane, Ipswich, Toowoomba and surrounding areas
- Chronic disease management
- Rehabilitation post- stroke, brain injury or hospitalisation
- Pain management, including laser therapy and TENS
- Home modifications for the elderly and those living with dementia
- Assistive aid prescriptions, including walkers and wheelchairs
- Falls prevention, including education and exercise programs
- Memory screening and cognitive assessments
- Management of communication disorders
- Management of swallowing disorders
- Transition care program in Brisbane South
- Oedema management
- Individually-tailored home exercise programs
- Dementia Telecare and Telehealth options
- Dietary advice and programs
- Foot care
- Wellness, reablement and rehabilitation programs
- Tai chi and hydrotherapy classes.
We accept referrals from:
- Individual/ self-referrals
- DVA card holders (GP referral required)
- GP referrals under the Chronic Disease Management (CDM) program (GP referral required)
- Private fee clients, including private health insurance rebates
- Consumer Directed Care (CDC) Home Care Packages
- Residential care facilities
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).