AQ Healthy Ageing services provide the practical knowledge, skills, treatment, and wellness programs to enable our clients to stay active, healthy and living in their respective communities.
Given maintaining social activity engagement is very important, our AQ Healthy Ageing services allow our clients to achieve this goal.
Our flexible services are delivered by qualified health professionals in the client’s choice of location, whether at home, a residential facility, or via our AQ community and respite centres. McNally House at Garden City offers state-of-the-art gym equipment and treatment rooms for individual, and group exercise sessions.
We offer one-on-one, and group programs tailored to your individual needs.
Please be aware that our multifaceted services at Alzheimer’s Queensland are still available as a private services to those who are not receiving government funding for services.
AQ Rehab and AQ Health offer:
- Allied health services including at home (i.e., physiotherapy, exercise physiology, occupational therapy, speech pathology, dietetics, and podiatry may be available)
- Chronic disease management
- Cognitive Stimulation Therapy
- Music therapy
- Falls prevention program
- Assistive aid prescriptions (i.e., walkers, wheelchairs)
- Rehabilitation (post stroke, brain injury, hospitalisation)
- Memory screening and cognitive assessments
- Pain management
- Dietary advice and programs
- Management of swallowing disorders
- Management of communication disorders
- Tai chi
- Hydrotherapy classes
- Home exercise programs
- Dementia Telecare and Telehealth options
- Foot care
- Home modifications.
We accept referrals from:
- Individual/ self-referrals
- GP referrals under the Chronic Disease Management (CDM) program (GP referral required)
- Private fee clients, including private health insurance rebates
- Consumer Directed Care (CDC) Home Care Packages
- Residential care facilities
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP).