A dementia diagnosis can cause significant upheaval to the lives of patients, their partners, families & anyone else involved in their care.
Carers can feel burdened by their caring responsibility, as they learn to juggle their role with caring for their own family, work, & personal lives. It is therefore paramount that carers receive the necessary tools, resources & support to navigate their new, & often daunting, role.
At AQ, we prioritise the provision of quality support to all those involved in our clients’ lives. Our carer support services offer tailored guidance & assistance to carers, to help them manage their unique situation, while also reinforcing the importance of maintaining balance, & attending to their own health & wellbeing.
We provide Carer Support Programs & Education Groups for carers to access information & support in an environment specifically tailored to their needs.
Our programs are available at the following locations and times:
- Brisbane North – Fortnightly on Wednesday mornings from 9.30 – 11.30am, at 2 Palmer Street, Windsor.
- Brisbane South – Fortnightly on Wednesday mornings from 9.30 – 11.30am, at 47 Tryon St, Upper Mount Gravatt.
- Toowoomba – Monthly on Monday mornings from 9.30am, at The Village, Downs Community Centre on Drayton Road.
- Ipswich – Fortnightly on Monday mornings from 9.30 – 11.30am, at 85 Chermside Road, East Ipswich.
- Gold Coast – Fortnightly on Monday mornings from 9.30 – 11.30am, at Club Musgrove, 104 Musgrave Avenue, Southport.
In addition, a Queensland-wide telephone support group is available to those caring for a friend or family member living with dementia. Please call 1800 639 331, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information, to register, or to be placed or removed from our mailing list.
Importantly, our Carer Support Program & Education Groups are provide free of charge to carers. If your loved ones or family require care, enquire about our day respite programs available at our Multi Service Centres for an additional fee. Please note bookings are essential to access these programs.
To learn more about our tailored AQ carer support, & how to book, call 1800 639 331, or head to wordpress-465105-1488832.cloudwaysapps.com/education-training/carer-support today.