Attention: families of residents at Alzheimer’s Queensland residential aged care facilities
We thank you for your patience during this challenging time.
Some of our residential care facilities are being or have been impacted by COVID-19 positive cases amongst our residents and staff.
Our focus as always is to deliver quality, safe care. We continue to work within COVID-19 safe protocols.
If you have not been vaccinated or have not yet received your third or booster dose, we would recommend and encourage you do so as soon as possible.
For details on the individual facility, we would ask you to contact the facility directly or refer to the correspondence sent to you by the relevant Director of Care.
Please contact the facilities directly on:
- Garden City Aged Care Service - Phone: 07 3349 0110
- Rosalie Nursing Care Centre - Phone: 07 3367 0132
- Windsor Aged Care Services - Phone: 07 3357 9099
Alternatively, please call our dedicated COVID-19 senior nursing officer on (free call) 1800 180 023, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In addition, you may wish to seek advice or access information from The Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN), they also have a free call number operating from 8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday and 10am - 4pm, Saturday on free call 1800 700 600. This service is designed to address specific concerns, or to fulfil access to resources.
Please visit their website - opan.org.au for more information.
I would also refer you to the Queensland Government website.
For those facilities open to visitors we require:
- That you check-in with the Check-In Queensland app and you will be asked to show proof of vaccination status on arrival at our facilities. This proof can be your digital vaccination certificate, immunisation history statement or the green tick that can be attached to your Check-In Queensland app. Your vaccination history statement or your digital certificate can be linked to your Check-In Queensland app and the directions for doing so can be found at the Services Australia website. If you can't get proof of your COVID-19 vaccinations online, you can ask your GP to print your immunisation history statement. You can also call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 to ask them to send a paper-based certificate or statement to you. It can take up to 14 days for your statement or certificate to arrive in the post.
- In addition to vaccination status, you will be asked the usual questions in relation to the previous 14 days. Have you;
- Travelled overseas in the last 14 days?
- Been informed you are a close contact of a person who is quarantining or you are subject to a stay-at-home order?
- Been tested for COVID-19 and you are awaiting results?
- Have received a positive COVID-19 test result within the last 14 days?
If you answer yes to any of these questions you cannot visit any of our Aged Care Facilities
All visitors should:
- Wash their hands before entering and leaving our facilities
- Stay 1.5 metres away from others where possible
- Stay in the resident's room, outside or in a specific area (avoiding communal spaces)
- Stay away when unwell
- Follow all requests from the facility to help keep staff and residents safe
- Wear the surgical mask given to you on entry
As we have done throughout the pandemic, accommodations will always be made for our residents who are receiving end of life care.
Again, we thank you for your patience and cooperation during this time.
Stay well, and stay safe!