Attention: families of residents at Alzheimer’s Queensland residential aged care facilities
In line with the latest Public Health Order all residential care facilities in Queensland are now allowed to receive visitors who have lived or worked in the Logan Local Government Area or the Southern Region of Brisbane City Council.
You are now welcome to visit your loved one as long as you;
- Have no symptoms of any illness, even if mild;
- Are screened upon entry to our facility;
- Check in with the Check in Qld app, if you do not have access to a smart phone our staff will be able to help you on arrival at the front desk
- Have not visited a declared hotspot or restricted area over the past 14 days as per the latest Health Directives;
- Have not been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days; and
- Are not subject to an isolation or quarantine order from QHealth
- Are not awaiting a COVID-19 test result
- And have a current 2021 Influenza vaccination
All visitors are required to wear surgical masks in our facilities, one will be provided to you upon entry.
As per the latest Health Directive, all visitors to our facilities must:
- Continue to practice social distancing where possible;
- Visit a resident's room or an outdoor area, and avoid communal areas; and
- Practice strict hand hygiene before entering our facility and while on our premises
Residents are now permitted to leave the facility other than to seek medical treatment or emergency reasons. When residents do leave our facilities with their family, they must comply with all current restrictions on gatherings including wearing of masks.
Our staff continue to be screened prior to commencing their shift and all staff will be required to wear surgical masks and eye protection whilst working.
Please refer to the Queensland Health website for further information and announcements.
We wish to remind you we will continue to facilitate phone calls, skype or other forms of communication moving forward. Should you wish to organise a time to contact your loved one or have any questions or concerns about a loved one at one of our residential aged care facilities, please contact the facility directly on:
- Windsor Aged Care Service – 07 3357 9099
- Rosalie Nursing Centre – 07 3367 0132
- Garden City Aged Care Service – 07 3349 0110
Alternatively, please call our dedicated COVID-19 senior nursing officer on (free call) 1800 180 023, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We thank you for your time and patience at this challenging time.
Stay well, and stay safe!